“I have been impressed with the quality of care, diversity of activities, and compassion Julie and her team show the kids…”
“I could not have found a better place for my son than the PlayGroup at Kids at Work! He is happy to be there and I can’t tell you how happy that makes me…”
“Separation has been smooth because the teachers are kind, friendly and always available to answer any questions…”
• 3.5: 1 Student/teacher ratio
• Walled-in, covered, private garden and terrace for year-round outdoor play!
• Maximum of 12 children in each group.
• Lead teachers hired with a minimum masters in early childhood in progress.
• Assistants hired with at least 2 years of age specific day care or preschool classroom experience.
• Philosophy that focuses on social and emotional skills, developing confidence and decision-making skills, as well as self-regulation and learning to love school!
• Proven separation philosophy that sets your child up for success and security.
• Weekly emails home and photo collections to catch you up on your child’s week at school.
• 2 Parent-teacher conferences per year, or as needed.
• Individual visit to your home by our lead teacher before your child’s start in the program (Fall and Winter only)
• Private area for adults to wait during class with wifi and outlets. A parent or caregiver MUST remain on site at Kids at Work during class, even though children are fully separated in their classrooms. Kids at Work does not run “drop off” programming at its W20th Street location.
9:00am – Arrival and sensory/art/gross motor stations. Children work on decision-making skills and mastery of fine and gross motor centers. Teacher-led small group and 1:1 activities are included.
9:30am – Meeting Time! Our Musician sings the hello song with the kids, the teacher goes through the schedule for the day, and our theme is discussed as well.
9:45am – Snack! A healthy snack of WASA crackers and fresh fruit. Children push their own chairs to the table, are encouraged to ask for more, and participate in an informal discussion or story.
10:00am – Art Project – An age-appropriate and sensory-based art project is included for those children that are interested. Others may read books or observe the activity. Sitting still is never “required” for our nearly and early twos!
10:15am – Free Play – Toys, manipulatives, mini-world objects, dress up and play kitchen. Children develop conflict resolution skills via our teachers’ simple and repetitive language and prompts.
10:35am – Music – Our music teacher is also one of our assistant teachers! Lots of movement, live guitar, singing, and instruments are included. Teachers ask the children to listen to simple instructions via musical activities.
11:00am – Wrap up and goodbye song! Children always participate in a quiet lullaby and wrap up before our goodbye and happy reunion with grown-ups!
PROGRAM DAYS OPTIONS:
Monday and Wednesday Morning, 9:00-11:00am, Ages 20 mos – 32 mos as of Sept 1 – Program FULL!
DATES: Sept 11, 2017 – Jan 19, 2018 (NO CLASS Nov 20-23 & Dec 25 – Jan 4)
TUITION: 2 hour program – $2880 per child for 16 weeks, 10% off second sibling, $250 Discount for FULL commitment Fall/Winter/Spring 2017-18
PROGRAM DAYS OPTIONS:
Monday and Wednesday Morning, 9:00-11:00am, Ages according to ongoing group Fall – early-mid twos
Tuesday and Thursday Morning, 9:00-11:00am, Ages 20 mos – 32 mos as of Jan 1, 2017
DATES: January 22 – June 15, 2018 (NO CLASS April 2 – 5 & May 28 – 31)
TUITION: $3420.00 per child for 19 weeks, 10% off second sibling
Why are these videos so old? For privacy reasons, we prefer to make public videos of children that are most likely unrecognizable at their current ages. Rest assured, once your child is in the program, you’ll get TONS of up to date pics and vids!
1. Registration is first come, first served. We may restrict registration based on gender and age. We do require a face to face meeting with the director to be scheduled (without children) so we can help you to understand our program and to see if it will be a good fit. This way we can let you know what to expect in the PlayGroup and show you our beautiful space. Click here to contact us to schedule a meeting.
2. We are able to have prospective families (adults only) come in to take a peek at our ongoing classes. Please inquire at your director meeting.
3. Registration for Winter-Spring programming is offered first to Fall enrolled families. Families are given until October 15 of the Fall semester to put down a deposit for the Winter-Spring. Our Winter-Spring groups are most often full of our Fall families, so Fall enrollment is encouraged wherever age-appropriate.
3. A $750 non refundable deposit is required, with balance due or interest-free payment plan commitment due 4 week before classes begin. All Playgroup payments are non refundable. Kids at Work PlayGroup accepts check payments. Credit card payments incur a 3.5% fee. We charge a $75 administrative fee for payment plans.