“I have been impressed with the quality of care, diversity of activities, and compassion Julie and her team show the kids…”
“I could not have found a better place for my son than the PlayGroup at Kids at Work! He is happy to be there and I can’t tell you how happy that makes me…”
“Separation has been smooth because the teachers are kind, friendly and always available to answer any questions…”
Our NEW location @ 123 W20th Street, between 6th and 7th, Second floor (elevator building) will open on or around December 1, 2016! Preview the location here!
• 3.5: 1 Student/teacher ratio
• 1000 Square foot, sunlit classroom with room to move, experiment and grow!
• Maximum of 12 children in each group.
• Lead teachers hired with a minimum masters in early childhood in progress.
• Assistants hired with at least 2 years of age specific day care or preschool classroom experience.
• Philosophy that focuses on social and emotional skills, developing confidence and decision-making skills, as well as self-regulation and learning to love school!
• Proven separation philosophy that sets your child up for success and security.
• Weekly emails home and photo collections to catch you up on your child’s week at school.
• 2 Parent-teacher conferences per year, or as needed.
• Individual visit to your home by our lead teacher before your child’s start in the program (Fall and Winter only)
PROGRAM DAYS OPTIONS:
Monday and Wednesday Morning – Registration opens 10-20-16
Tuesday and Thursday Morning – Registration currently open
Tuesday and Thursday Afternoons – Registration currently open
AM PROGRAM TIMES: 9:00am – 11:00am
PM PROGRAM TIMES: 3:15 – 5:15pm
AGES: 20 mos – 2.8 years as of January 1, 2017 (diapers are ok!)
DATES: January 17 – May 25, 2017 (NO class April 10-13, 2017)
TUITION: $3312.00 per child
DISCOUNTS: 5% off for paying in full by October 20, 2016; 10% off second sibling
9:00am – Arrival and sensory/art/gross motor stations. Children work on decision-making skills and mastery of fine and gross motor centers. Teacher-led small group and 1:1 activities are included.
9:30am – Meeting Time! Our Musician sings the hello song with the kids, the teacher goes through the schedule for the day, and our theme is discussed as well.
9:45am – Snack! A healthy snack of WASA crackers and fresh fruit. Children push their own chairs to the table, are encouraged to ask for more, and participate in an informal discussion or story.
10:00am – Art Project – An age-appropriate and sensory-based art project is included for those children that are interested. Others may read books or observe the activity. Sitting still is never “required” for our nearly and early twos!
10:15am – Free Play – Toys, manipulatives, mini-world objects, dress up and play kitchen. Children develop conflict resolution skills via our teachers’ simple and repetitive language and prompts.
10:35am – Music – Our music teacher is also one of our assistant teachers! Lots of movement, live guitar, singing, and instruments are included. Teachers ask the children to listen to simple instructions via musical activities.
11:00am – Wrap up and goodbye song! Children always participate in a quiet lullaby and wrap up before our goodbye and happy reunion with grown-ups!
1. Registration is first come, first served. We may restrict registration based on gender and age. We do require a face to face meeting with the director to be scheduled (without children) so we can help you to understand our program and to see if it will be a good fit. This way we can let you know what to expect in the PlayGroup and show you our beautiful, sunlit 1000 square foot space. Click here to contact us to schedule a meeting.
2. For privacy reasons and also because of volume of inquiries, we do NOT allow prospective clients to view the current PlayGroup programs. If you like, we can put you in touch with one of our current enthusiastic families to get their perspective on the program’s benefit for their child.
3. A $750 non refundable deposit is required, with balance due or interest-free payment plan commitment due on December 15, 2015 for Winter-Spring 2016, or June 1, 2016 for Fall 2016. All Playgroup payments are non refundable. Kids at Work PlayGroup accepts check payments. Credit card payments incur a 3.5% fee. We charge a $75 administrative fee for payment plans.