Kids at Work PlayGroup! Gentle Separation Program for children ages 20 mos - 2.9 years Registration for Summer and Fall 2013 now open!
"I could not have found a better place for my son than PlayGroup at Kids at Work. When he walks in the door he is happy to be there and I can't tell you how happy that makes me. I have been impressed with the quality of care, diversity of activities, and compassion Julie and her team show the kids. In particular, I want to highlight what a gem the PlayGroup teachers are -- they are high energy, motivated and thoroughly involved. One of the biggest compliments you can give someone is to trust them with your child. Separation has been smooth because the teachers are kind, friendly and always available to answer any questions. Lastly, I appreciate the weekly PlayGroup reports via email along with pictures of our children in action. I could go on and on, but when my son enters his classroom and he and his teachers all squeal with delight when they see each other, well, what's better than that?" -2012-2013 Parent
We welcome your family to join us in the Kids at Work PlayGroup - registration is first come-first served. The maximum 12 special children in each PlayGroup participate in one of only two separation programs we run, and enjoy our entire 900 square foot classroom for each class.
Here's how it works - We meet 2 times per week for 1.5 - 2 hours each day, depending on AM or PM program. Parents/Caregivers stay with children for the first couple of weeks, depending on individual child and family needs. When children are ready, we begin a nurturing separation program lead by our trained staff, who are hired with a minimum of a masters in early childhood education in progress. We will work with your family's childcare/sibling situation to create a transition that works for you and your child. Our small, intimate group makes this possible. Our experienced teachers combined with a consistent routine create an environment where young children develop confidence and an "I can do it!" attitude.
Sample Day: 9:30-10:00 - Choice-based, active sensory art, and open-ended art project. We never require children to sit at a table all at the same time for art! 10:00-10:25 - Dramatic Movement Games that inspire teamwork and creative ideas. 10:25-10:35 - Snack including fresh fruit. 10:35-11:00 - Free Play with age-appropriate manipulatives, dress-up, puzzles, and "small world" playsets. 11:00-11:30 - Music including guitar! We'll use child-friendly instruments and discover simple music concepts together.
We're proud to say that we maintain a 3.5:1 student teacher ratio in the classroom at all times, with a maximum of 12 children. The current NYC DOH ratio mandate for this age group is 5:1 and that is what you'll find at other centers. Our lead teachers are hired with a minimum masters degree in Early Childhood in progress, plus at least 1 year of age appropriate experience. Assistant teachers are hired with a minimum 2 years of age-specific experience with toddlers and preschool children.
Click on one of our adorable videos of the Kids at Work PlayGroup! Video #1 Video #2
AM Program - FULL January 21 - May 24, 2013 (delayed start due to Hurricane Sandy closure) 18 weeks of classes Please call to be placed on waitlist 212-488-8800 Tuesday and Thursday 9:30am - 11:30am Tuition: $2700.00 per child Child must be 24 months by Dec. 1, 2012
PM Program - Current Ongoing Registration January 14, 2013 - May 24, 2013 19 weeks of classes Monday and Wednesday 3:30pm - 5:00pm Tuition: $2280.00 per child Child must be 21 months by Jan. 1, 2013
SUMMER 2013 PM Program only - Current Ongoing Registration Register 'by the month' with partial additional months possible Monday and Wednesday 3:45 - 5:15pm June Session (June 3 - 28) 4 weeks $520.00 July Session (July 1 - 31) 5 weeks $650.00 August Session (Aug 5 - Aug 28) 4 weeks $520.00 Child must be 20 months by June 3, 2013 Interested in an AM program this summer? Check out our Kids at Work Summer Camp!
FALL 2013 September 10, 2013 - January 17, 2014 16 weeks of classes Current Ongoing Registration
AM Program Tuesday and Thursday 9:30am - 11:30am Tuition $2400.00 per child Child must be 22 months by Sept 1, 2013
PM Program Monday and Wednesday 3:30 - 5:00pm Tuition: $1920.00 per child Child must be 20 months by Sept 1, 2013
Tuition and Payment Details: Tuition and deposits are non-refundable. Twins/siblings: Receive 10% off second child. No interest payment plans are available. Payment by check is encouraged. Credit card payments will incur a 4% transaction fee. This class is not a drop-in. Please review our refund and class policies here.
Here's how you can reserve your spot in the Kids at Work PlayGroup:
1. Though registration is first come, first served, we do require a face to face meeting with the director to be scheduled (without children) so we can help you to understand our program and to see if it will be a good fit. This way we can let you know what to expect in the PlayGroup and show you our beautiful, sunlit 900 square foot space. Please call us at 212-488-8800 or email email@example.com to schedule a meeting.
2. You can also meet with the director and teachers at one of our PlayGroup Open Houses. Contact us for info on the next Open House!
3. You may want to come as a drop-in to a regular Kids at Work class with your child to see the vibe in our programs. Please note that soccer and dance classes, though wonderful programs, are not indicative of the PlayGroup teaching style. It is recommended that you attend a Toddle Around or Mess it Up class to get a feel for Kids at Work. Click here to schedule a drop-in. For privacy reasons and also because of volume of inquiries, we do NOT allow prospective clients to view the current PlayGroup programs.
4. Submit a registration form (which you will get at your meeting or at the Open House) along with a $500 non-refundable deposit.
5. We do not allow prospective parent observations of the current PlayGroup due to quantity of inquiries as well as privacy and safety of the current group.
We look forward to sharing our amazing programs with your family!