"I could not have found a better place for my son than the PlayGroup at Kids at Work! He is happy to be there and I can't tell you how happy that makes me. I have been impressed with the quality of care, diversity of activities, and compassion Julie and her team show the kids. In particular, I want to highlight what a gem the PlayGroup teachers are -- they are high energy, motivated and thoroughly involved. One of the biggest compliments you can give someone is to trust them with your child. Separation has been smooth because the teachers are kind, friendly and always available to answer any questions. Lastly, I appreciate the weekly PlayGroup reports via email along with pictures of our children in action. I could go on and on, but when my son enters his classroom and he and his teachers all squeal with delight when they see each other, well, what's better than that?" -2012-2013 Parent
We welcome your family to join us in the Kids at Work PlayGroup - registration is first come-first served. The maximum 12 special children in each PlayGroup participate in one of only two separation programs we run, and enjoy our entire 900 square foot classroom for each class.
Here's how it works - We meet 2 times per week for 2 hours each day. Parents/Caregivers stay with children for the first couple of weeks, depending on individual child and family needs. When children are ready, we begin a nurturing separation program lead by our trained staff, who are hired with a minimum of a masters in early childhood education in progress. We will work with your family's childcare/sibling situation to create a transition that works for you and your child. Our small, intimate group makes this possible. Our experienced teachers combined with a consistent routine create an environment where young children develop confidence and an "I can do it!" attitude.
Sample Day: 9:30-10:00 - Choice-based, active sensory art, and open-ended art project. We never require children to sit at a table all at the same time for art! 10:00-10:25 - Dramatic Movement Games that inspire teamwork and creative ideas, evolving by mid-year into content based circle time. 10:25-10:35 - Snack including fresh fruit. 10:35-11:00 - Free Play with age-appropriate manipulatives, dress-up, puzzles, dramatic play and "small world" playsets. 11:00-11:30 - Music including guitar! We'll use child-friendly instruments and discover simple music concepts together. Music day is every day at PlayGroup!
We're proud to say that we maintain a 3.5:1 student teacher ratio in the classroom at all times, with a maximum of 12 children. The current NYC DOH ratio mandate for this age group is 5:1 and that is what you'll find at other centers. Our lead teachers are hired with a minimum masters degree in Early Childhood in progress, plus at least 1 year of age appropriate experience. Assistant teachers are hired with a minimum 2 years of age-specific experience with toddlers and preschool children.
Click on one of our adorable videos of the Kids at Work PlayGroup! Video #1 Video #2
WINTER 2014 - AM and PM Progams are FULL (Please contact us at 212-488-8800 as spots rarely open up mid semester)
FALL 2014 September 8, 2014 - January 15, 2015 16 weeks of classes NO CLASS - Nov 24 - 27; Dec 22 - Jan 1, 2014 Child must be 20 mos -2.6 years as of Sept 1, 2014
AM Program Tuesday and Thursday 9:30am - 11:30am Tuition: $2560.00 per child
PM Program Monday and Wednesday 3:15 - 5:15pm Tuition: $2560.00 per child
SUMMER 2014 Register 'by the month!' Partial months available space permitting. Please inquire. Please keep in mind separation is most effective for children that are participating for at least 4 weeks consecutively. PM Program only Monday and Wednesday 3:15 - 5:15pm June 2 - 25 Tuition: $640 (NO PlayGroup week of 7/4) July 7 - 30 Tuition: $640 Aug 4 - 27 Tuition: $640 Payment in full is required to reserve your child's spot in each month of the program.
Tuition and Payment Details: Tuition and deposits are non-refundable. Twins/siblings: Receive 10% off second child. No interest payment plans are available. Payment by check is encouraged. Credit card payments will incur a 3.5% transaction fee. This class is not a drop-in. Please review our refund and class policies here.
Here's how you can reserve your spot in the Kids at Work PlayGroup:
1. Though registration is first come, first served, we do require a face to face meeting with the director to be scheduled (without children) so we can help you to understand our program and to see if it will be a good fit. This way we can let you know what to expect in the PlayGroup and show you our beautiful, sunlit 900 square foot space. Please call us at 212-488-8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting.
2. You can also meet with the director and teachers at one of our PlayGroup Open Houses. Contact us for info on the next Open House!
3. You may want to come as a drop-in to a regular Kids at Work signature class with your child to see the vibe in our programs. Please note that soccer, sign language, yoga, and dance classes, though wonderful programs, are not indicative of the PlayGroup teaching style. It is recommended that you attend a Toddle Around or Mess it Up class to get a feel for Kids at Work. Click here to schedule a drop-in. For privacy reasons and also because of volume of inquiries, we do NOT allow prospective clients to view the current PlayGroup programs.
4. Submit a registration form (which you will get at your meeting or at the Open House) along with a $750 non-refundable deposit for Fall 2014, OR payment in full for Summer 2014.
5. We do not allow prospective parent observations of the current PlayGroup due to quantity of inquiries as well as privacy and safety of the current group.
We look forward to sharing our amazing programs with your family!